Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday

The funniest thing happened to me today. I was in the cafeteria because that is my morning post. All the students had gone upstairs except the hearing impaired class because they were waiting for another bus. One of my ninth grade students came in just as two hearing impaired students were going outside to check on the bus. I said good morning from across the cafeteria to the ninth grader, she ignored me, but the hearing impaired student turned around and waved to me. So the child with the hearing loss could hear me, why not the student without hearing loss?
Today was a great day, I do love B days. My classes are calm, they paint quietly, they clean up quietly and on time because they want to keep painting. Today I had 5 students come to work on their paintings after school, because they wanted to! Things are looking up :)
I realised today that my blog titles are very uncreative, which is very sad for an art teacher. I feel compelled to keep it up for the rest of the week, but I will try and think more creatively over the weekend.

No comments: