Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday

I now dread Monday. Most of the other teachers at my school have noticed that Monday's are horrible. The students either have to relearn how to listen or they are so excited to see thier friends that they cannot stop talking. What ever the reason, today was horrible. My students were whinny, rude, and immature. I will never understand why asking a student to do thier work (or I like to say, stay on task), which in my class means draw, is a reason for the student to yell, "LEAVE ME ALONE, WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS TALKING TO ME!" Well gee, maybe its because it is my job to teach you about ART, and you are not doing it!

ok, vent over, I really do feel better :)
So I was checking my favorite blogs and read, http://bmoreteach.blogspot.com/2008/10/youre-horrible-teacher-you-know-that.htmlMore Humbly I Teach

This is a great blog from another Baltimore City Teacher (originally from Michigan), and watching the clip from "Chalk" really made me smile. I love the line, "Where's my chalk? OK, who took my chalk?" I think that pretty much sums up my Monday.

On happier news, I then checked my email. My Donors Choose grant was fully funded today!
A link to see my proposal;
http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=211189
I am very excited for my students to make large plaster sculptures. Now I just need to decide which class can handle a messy project.
Well, Tuesday can only get better :)

1 comment:

Ms.March said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the sculpture(s) you create with your students :)