Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Love PD

I really love fine arts professional development. First great thing about PD days, I didn't have to wear professional clothes! I wore my favorite jeans and my Dansko shoes, I love jeans and comfy shoes. When we arrived at City College we signed in and had a continental breakfast. In the morning we discussed management, writing grants, curriculum challenges, and how we should set up criteria for the next city wide art exhibit. After lunch, we chose a workshop that we would like to learn more about. I chose pop art grid drawing. I had a great time. The workshop helped build my confidence in drawing and teaching drawing.
But wait, my day got better.
My art teacher friend and I always carpool to the art PD as we did today. I was inquiring if she had art textbooks I could borrow and she said she has so many I could borrow a whole set and she would still have enough for herself. So after PD we headed to her school, packed up the books, and took them to my school. When we arrived at my classroom, I discovered the kiln and throwing wheel had arrived from the ceramics grant.
That was exciting, but it gets better.
I went upstairs to say hello to any staff that was still around, and found out that the materials from my donorschoose.org grant had arrived! I am very excited to start making tons of sculpture. :)
The only bummer about today is that I had to go to class from 7pm-10pm!
Tomorrow I get to sleep in, because I took tomorrow off to spend with my kids, yeah!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Sounds like Christmas in October!

Ms.March said...

Yay! That *almost* sounds like a perfect art teacher day! Just out of curiosity...how long did it take for your Donorschoose stuff to come in? It's been over a month since my project was funded, and I'm still waiting!