Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Well I did practice my sign language this morning. I was trying to say good morning, but forgot the dominant hand needs to come from above and then go down on the other palm. So instead of saying good morning I was saying money morning. We all giggled and I learned a new word.

I am very excited to announce that I will be receiving a ceramics grant. The grant will provide my students and I with a kiln, all the necessary tools, clay, glaze, and even training for me if I need it. This is very exciting since buying all the above mentioned would cost thousands of dollars, which of course when you work in a city school is not available.

1 comment:

Ms.March said...

Wow - that is so wonderful! Congratulations!!! I must admit I'm a tad bit jealous ;) I've never even used a kiln before...perhaps one day you could teach me?