Wednesday, September 24, 2008

tired

Is it really only Wednesday? A teachers job is exhausting. I didn't eat my protein bar (my lunch) until 5:15pm as I was hooking up some computers I found stashed in unused classrooms. The computers all work and the Internet hookups work! My classroom now has 4 imacs, 1 emac, and one apple G3. They are old and slow, but my students can use them to research an artist or create digital art. Yea!
I am tired, and now I have to write a paper for my class tomorrow. I am very sick of grad school, I hope I can pull through and be done with it. If I wasn't so close, 2 classes, I would probably drop out. I have a family, 2 kids and a husband, and I work an extended school day, 8-4. When I get home I am tired and need to cook dinner, wash dishes, do laundry, check homework, put the kids to bed, write lessons, do more dishes, wash more laundry, feed the dogs, etc. So when am I supposed to write a research paper?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grad school can be a huge drag, especially when you've got so much else on your plate. But as someone who's taken far too long to finish higher-ed programs, let me tell you that it's worse for you mentally if you don't finish. And the sense of accomplishment you get when you do finish is definitely worth it (not to mention the salary bump).

Even before we moved in together, my girlfriend and I laid down some plans with regard to supporting each other through classes. It made for some weird schedules but in the end it worked. It sounds like you may have to sit down with your husband and enlist his assistance with some of the stuff that would ordinarily be "your" job.