Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Grad school blues...

I am sick of Grad school. I know I have said this before, the feeling just wont go away. I have had a clod for a few days, and therefore have not gotten any work done. I took my first two sick days yesterday and Monday, which is a new record for me. I usually get very ill in October and again in November. As usual, I have awoken from my cold hibernation only to panic at the amount of work to be done. I am behind on my lesson plans, I need to make a new seating chart because I decided to rearrange the tables the day before I got sick, I need to write an article summary/critique for my class tomorrow, and rewrite the questions from my midterm that I got wrong explaining why I thought the answer was right, all for tomorrow. Instead of doing any of these things I am blogging. I find comfort in complaining, why I am not sure.
I'm tired, I might go to bed early and worry about it all tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I hope you feel better and hang in there! I can't even imagine doing grad school with kids and a job. You're doing great!

Jackie Secor said...

I am SO behind in grad school work -- just thinking about it stresses me out. I take comfort in the fact that my students are my first priority and if I don't get an A in a class because I passed something in late -- well, I'm over it. Also, I am commenting on your blog instead of getting ready for my 4:30 class. Complaining is fun!

Ms.March said...

I second Mary - I cant' even imagine what it would be like to work and raise a family while in grad school. I did it all before I started teaching, and even THAT was too much work! I admire all of your hard work....and it does pay off!.... ha, ha (not meant to be a pun)

Anonymous said...

hang in there Scott, you've made it this far. Lessons or no lessons you know what you want your kids to learn. Feel better, take care