Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Dad

About two months ago my Dad informed me he has cancer. He reassured me that it was caught very early and he was confident that surgery could remove it. Regardless of his confidence, I have been afraid to talk about it. My dad is very important to me. Growing up he was the one constant in my life, the one person I know I could always depend on if I needed someone. The Monday before Thanksgiving he had surgery at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, which is like Hopkins if you are not from Michigan. I am happy to report, the surgery was a success, the pathology report came back yesterday and they removed all the cancer, what a relief!
Now back to life as usual.

4 comments:

Mary said...

It is really good news isn't it? I really like your dad.

Ms.March said...

Yay! I'm very happy for your family :) I'm sure it's been a rough couple of months for you. Treasure your dad always (although I know that I don't have to say that to you!)- I miss mine terribly.

The Brown's said...

I am glad to hear that your Dad is healthy now! You are lucky to have such a great relationship with him.
Love to you and the family!!

Anonymous said...

so happy to hear that your father is ok. I know how much he means to you.