Sunday, September 13, 2009

I have been a bad blogger :(







I have been a very bad blogger, sorry. I was keeping up with posting until January. Life gets busy sometimes.



So I have started my second year teaching in a middle/high school, and my 5th year teaching in Baltimore City Public Schools. Last time I posted I was working on my tables. Before the year started I repainted the tables in my classroom. I am now color coordinated and can call my tables to line up by color. I also have learned how to sign the colors and table and line up, so my hearing impaired classes can understand too. I find I am able to stay much more organized. I have each class to a drill/warm-up the first 10 minutes of class. Now instead of collecting the drills from each student, I have a folder on each table. The red table has a red folder; the purple table has a purple folder, etc. So collecting and passing out drills is so much quicker and leaves us with more instruction and work time. Yea!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

What a beautiful classroom. I wonder what the comments were from returning students.

Ms.March said...

Your room looks amazing :) I love the tables - what kind of paint did you use?

Zeek and I said...

Alisha,
I believe it is a water based latex enamel. We used kilz primer under. They are holding up real good.