Thursday, January 29, 2009

Inauguration












We (My dad, step mom, Little Blue, Zeek, and I) Went to the inauguration! All the adults had an amazing day. We soaked up all the optimism and smiling millions. Little Blue said "This is the worst day ever!" We did walk a few miles. Zeek said, "I thought you said this was going to be exciting!" We had to walk farther than expected because the metro shut down because a woman fell on the tracks (she is ok by the way). So Little Blue cried a lot. During the ceremony she kept crying and asking, "where is Barack Obama? I thought we were going to see Barack Obama." Yes she really used his full name.


The pictures above are many walking thru the 3rd street tunnel, and when we made it to the mall. Many spectators were in the trees, and sitting on top of the Porta-potties.


After an hour or so of crying and making me feel like the most irresponsible parent by bringing her small children to a freezing event, they found their second wind and were skipping around the mall. We went into the Air and Space museum to warm up, with a few hundred other spectators, and the kids got to have some "fun". We were very impressed with how easy it was to get there and the amount of soldiers helping. For a gathering with two million or so people, everything went smooth.


I will include some pictures, but if you know me then you know my Step Mom's blog. She has some great images of screaming Little Blue.

No comments: